Finding the best sound from the audiophile world can be a mysterious process that can be frustrating and complicated. But it doesn’t have to be.
The best advice that we can offer you is to embrace a local audiophile dealer to help you
Advantages of Working With Top-level Audiophile Dealer
- It doesn’t matter if your audiophile dealer is local or out-of-state, they can be a major resource to you.
- Audiophile dealers can calibrate your turntable.
- Audiophile dealers can calibrate the performance of your subwoofers.
- Audiophile dealers can give you excellent resale or trade-in values.
- Audiophile dealers can help you broker or consign-to-sell your gear when you upgrade.
- Audiophile dealers can recycle old products so that your aged electronics don’t end up in the trash dump.
- Audiophile dealers can access brands and audiophile manufacturer advice that no online source can.
- Audiophile dealers can install televisions, home automation, video and home theater systems when you need it. They also can install video cameras, big equipment racks, HVAC control, lighting control, video monitoring, security, shades and more. Not true two-channel stuff but cool nonetheless.
- Audiophile dealers often don’t charge tax when selling gear out of state but be forewarned that the tax man could come calling at a later date. This is a lame trick to try to save money.
- Audiophile dealers go to most of the shows, read all of the audiophile publications and often have hundreds of years of collective experience.
There are a lot of ways to buy audiophile components outside of your local dealer including: big box dealers like Best Buy or warehouse stores like Costco, Target and Wal-Mart. Amazon.com is increasingly good when it comes to selling higher end audiophile components – not just audiophile Chi-Fi. There are local retailers like Crutchfield, Audio Advice and Gramophone who want to be national players in the online audiophile space but in the end having a solid relationship with your best audiophile retailer(s) is always a good idea.